
It has come to my realization after talking to my WW leader and the receptionist at WW that I eat way too many fruit on a daily basis and it all starts with my morning banana. Don't get me wrong, bananas are not bad for you but when you are eating 2 a day it can all start to add up.
On the old WW program bananas were high in points. 2 points for 1 small banana. Now that all fruit is 0 points, we tend to eat as many fruits as we want. But that is not what we are suppose to be doing on this new program. We are suppose to eat 5-7 servings of fruit and veggies a day. A serving of fruit on WW is 1/2 cup. So one banana is 2 servings of fruit. My apple is that I eat at lunch is another serving then sometimes I follow it with a pear. And it depends on the size of my fruit they might be more then 1 serving. See where I am going?
So my receptionist said to completely cut out bananas out for a couple of weeks. See how my weight loss goes. It is no secret that my weight loss is at a stall. Maybe this will be for the better of me.
So yesterday when I went to the grocery store there was no bananas in my cart, and I am going to try to live with out them for a couple of weeks. It will be hard, that is the first thing I grab in the morning.
And for the next few weeks I am really am watching my fruit intake!! I even measured my berries this morning only a 1/2 cup!!
AND I KNOW, THAT NO ONE GETS FAT BY EATING TOO MUCH FRUIT. BUT IT CAN STALL WEIGHT LOSS!
1 comment:
I'd never heard of this before!! I often munch my way through half a melon! But let me know how you get on with less fruit, if it works then i'll definitely give it a try! And in response to your previous post, I don't think it classes as giving up - if you're not losing weight it means that your body is happy at the weight you are :)
Post a Comment